What makes us different?
- Excellence in clinic care. With over 20 years of clinical expertise and the knowledge you can be confident that you are our number one priority.
- Continuity of care. The optometrist you see today will be the one who cares for you in the future.
- Latest technology. We have access to the latest diagnostic testing and eyewear technology.
- Recommendation freedom. Our independence allows us to recommend the best tailored eyewear and lens technology solution for you from a wide range of suppliers.
- Beautiful looking eyewear. Individual look to suit your needs and budget.
- Qualified dispensers. Our staff are qualified in the manufacturing of spectacles and are there to provide you with advice regarding the most suitable frame and lens technologies.
- Diagnosis and referrals. For eye health conditions such as glaucoma, diabetes, cataracts and macula degeneration.
- Treatments. We treat conditions such as dry eye syndrome, astigmatism and itchy eyes.
EXTRA SERVICES OFFERED
Ever wanted to throw away your glasses? Now you can.
Main Beach Optical is one of only a handful of practices in Queensland offering Ortho-K. Ortho-K is a high performance, zero risk alternative to laser eye surgery for people who no longer want to wear glasses, and offers semi-permanent vision correction. It’s suitable for anyone over the age of 12 and covers all types of prescriptions including short and long sightedness, and astigmatism.
Tired of itchy, dry eyes?
Main Beach Optical has pioneered the use of breakthrough IPL (intense pulsed light) treatments to successfully treat Dry Eye Syndrome. IPL has revolutionized management of this most common of eye problems, and has the added advantage of being non-invasive, pain free, and without side effects.
Glasses. They say more about you than you think.
Ideally, your choice of eyewear should suit your face shape and overall colouring, and be a reflection of individual flair and personality. Did you know that red glasses tend to suit people with grey hair and a lighter complexion; or that people with round faces tend to suit squarer frame shapes, and vice versa. The team at Main Beach Optical have years of experience at matching glasses to faces, and have invested considerable time sourcing the world’s most exclusive frame options. We work collaboratively with clients through the decision making process to ensure a perfect match.
You’ll go a long way to find a more exclusive range of frames.
Our on-trend frame offerings include the very latest looks from European powerhouse brands such as Lindberg, Gold and Wood, Chopard, Face-a-Face, Von Arkel, Bugatti, Oroton and Porsche. Many of the frames are individually handcrafted and numbered, one-of-a-kind, and unavailable elsewhere in Australia. Whatever your face shape, age, colouring or personality, we have frames to suit you.